For those of us eating healthy and trying to stick with good food choices most of the time, here are some tips to avoid temptation or starvation while running errands or driving your kids to a soccer game, etc.
- Be prepared: I always have a protein bar or a bag of enlightened bean snacks (high protein and fibre snack; think ‘corn nuts’ texture with a variety of different flavours you can have, barbecue, sriracha, sea salt, sweet cinnamon, etc) sitting in my purse or car. Or have some protein powder ready to mix in your shaker cup; you can sip it as you’re out and about.
- Leave the house on a full stomach. If you’re full, then you have at least 3 hours before your next meal. One less thing to think about if you’re going to be busy shopping or away from food.
- Bring bottled water. You’ll get thirsty and if you’re carrying water around with you, it will remind you to keep getting your water in. Remember, as soon as you feel thirsty you’re already a bit dehydrated. And if you don’t like water, pick up some calorie- free flavoured packets like Crystal Lite or Mio.
- If you’re out longer than planned or don’t have any protein snacks with you, go to a Drive Thru (McDonalds or Wendy’s, etc) and ask for a grilled chicken breast and a plain garden salad (with balsamic vinaigrette). If you don’t want to stop and park to eat it, then just ask for a plain chicken breast. It takes 2 minutes to eat, it will fill you up, and then you’re done.
- Grab a coffee as you shop if you’re feeling a bit tempted by all the aromas permeating through the mall. A shot of a sugar- free vanilla syrup, with skim milk in your latte should hit the spot.
Being healthy and fit isn’t always easy, but there are easy ways to follow a healthy lifestyle that is balanced and allows freedom.
Contact GeometricBox Technical Support for Secure WordPress Website